Wednesday, January 28, 2015

DIY Distress for baby

For starters you will need a pair of jeans. I found a pair at children's place for $4.80. You could use a pair you have or even find some at a thrift store. For girls, either gender is ok in the size you need. Then I went to JoAnn's and bought a pack of studs for $3.24. (Used half off coupon, check for one.) 

Next you will need a razor blade, disposable razor, and scissors. I made the mistake of not using a disposable razor and the razor part kept popping off

Next put the jeans on your babe and mark where you want them to be cut. Then take them off your babe to cut the legs off.

After that I marked where I wanted to distress and used the razor blade to cut the lines. Make sure you have a piece of cardboard in the leg hole to keep it from going through. Then I used the razor to scuff around the pockets and various areas of the jeans.

Next they were ready to be washed and dried. After my first wash and dry I added more cuts, because I wanted more. Here they are after the first wash.

Now after the second wash, they came out perfect. (You need to wash and dry twice) So I then added the studs after. I randomly put them in places and for the studs a good pair of pliers would be handy. Here is my first pair of baby distressed shorts.

*Edited* 
I ended up adding liquid stitch to the back of the studs to help secure better and make softer edges for baby.

And final product on baby...



I've got 99 problems, but a pair of baby distressed jeans ain't one...










No comments:

Post a Comment