Saturday, September 27, 2014

DIY felt rose crown

Here's what you need: felt, scissors, glue gun, round stencil, and elastic. I have found the gerber puffs lid to be perfect size. Otherwise you need a round stencil about 3 inches wide.

Next you cut your circles out of the felt, you want your roses to be.

Then you're going to cut from the outside to the inside following the circle and leave a bit of the circle in the middle. It will look like a snake.

Then start rolling your tail towards the center circle remaining. (I usually cut a tiny bit off the tail.)

See the rose forming? No once you get to the circle end you'll put a glob of hot glue and stick the part you rolled to the top.

Now you have your rose. For the size crown I did (14 inches/ 6-12 months) I used 5 roses. Now you need to cut a rectangular piece of felt the length of your roses. See below.

Now comes the elastic you cut. You're going to attach it to the rectangle felt piece with hot glue.

Now cut some leaves to compliment your roses. I chose gold sparkle, because I thought it looked elegant with the red. The leaves do not need to be perfect or exact. I ended up using 8, but you can add as many as you'd like or none. Now start hot glueing your roses to the top of the rectangle.

Add the leaves in and bam there you have a felt rose crown!

I've got 99 problems, but lack of a rose crown ain't one.





No comments:

Post a Comment