Monday, April 28, 2014

Oh Toby...

I just love Toby! No worries y'all, he ain't my boyfriend. He's an amazing musician, that I enjoy. As I traveled in the car listening to him, I reflected. I've just been too busy juggling children to post about it.

So here goes a part of the song....

Some days, life feels perfect.
Other days it just ain't workin.
The good, the bad, the right, the wrong
And everything in between.

Its crazy, amazing
We can turn a heart with the words we say. Mountains crumble with every syllable. Hope can live or die.

So speak Life, speak Life.
To the deadest darkest night.
Speak life, speak Life.
When the sun wont shine and you don't know why.

Look into the eyes of the brokenhearted;
Watch them come alive as soon as you speak hope,You speak love, you speak speak speak...You speak Life.

The song says it all, speak life. I don't think there's a better feeling than lifting someone up who is broken. Showing someone kindness in the simplest form can bring light to a terrible day. I definitely want to be more mindful of the compassion I show towards others. Even a card in the mail to brighten someone's day. Yes, I am busy...But I'm certain I can take 5 seconds to write an encouraging note. 

And another thing, I will be complimenting strangers more. I always get the craziest things from strangers, so I'm making it a point to point out nice hair, shoes, and smell. Ha! I pray I can be a blessing to someone with my words.

This post even goes along the same lines as my Whoa that's deep, but I feel like it's something that's being pointed out to me lately. So here's to showing kindness better. Ephesians 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

I've got 99 problems, but lack of a heart ain't one.

No comments:

Post a Comment