Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Whoa that's Deep


I came across this and though I've seen it before it stuck out to me. It is a good reminder that even when things are hard you must think about your actions and reactions. Especially when we are raising children and they will mimic your every move. 

Yesterday was a hard day in motherhood land. Most things that could go wrong did. I was pushed to the limits of my patience. One example, my debit card was mia which I was unaware until I went to pay for two children's haircuts. And I won't go into detail on how the babies were crying during those haircuts or the fact that I had to pick up a child by a certain time after haircuts. Needless to say it was a disaster. The rest of the day did not disappoint in the disaster area either. I should of known by the way my morning went not to leave home, but I apparently enjoy torture.

During  everything I don't think I acted to terrible or lost my temper too bad. However looking at the big picture I definitely did not think of how my children may of been feeling in those moments or my attitude. I'm not beating myself up about it or going to lose sleep, but coming across this little quote definitely made me think I could do better sometimes. There is always room for improvement no matter how old you are.

Though we teach forgiveness and I certainly think it's necessary it doesn't make you forget. Sorry is nice and it's great to acknowledge when you've wronged someone, but it's not an end all to the hurt feelings.

Verse of the day, Ecclesiastes 7:8-9 The end of a matter is better than its beginning,and patience is better than pride. Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.

I pray we all try to do better and this helped anyone else who needed to see it. By the way my debit card was found in walmart parking lot. Someone turned it in. Everyone likes a happy ending, right? Praise God!

I've got 99 problems, but lack of a bible ain't one. 

1 comment: